Friday, April 29, 2011

Double Whammy

I'm not pregnant, before any of you ask.  I checked, and it looks like a solid "No" on all counts.

The morning started out inconspicuously enough.  I was to attend a course downtown at the Municipal Building about Excel.  I was even looking forward to it.  About 45 minutes into the class, I started to feel very unwell.  Luckily I was sitting at the back of the classroom and I decided a trip to the bathroom was in order.  I felt even worse after being in their, so I decided to cut my losses and just leave.  I passed the instructor in the hall, let him know that I was very sorry, but I was feeling very ill and didn't want to interrupt his class any more than I had, and I had to go home.  I was really enjoying the class, too.

That's when it really all started.  I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say that being sick in a public building (City Hall, no less) is very demoralizing, depressing and embarassing.  Having a security guard knock on your stall door and ask if you are alright as you are tossing your cookies is horrible (she was very nice about it, though)

So, here I am, hoping whatever this is passes soon.  If you are going to be sick, I highly recommend not doing it in a public building.  Even getting sick at work would have been less humiliating.

1 comment:

  1. *hugs*

    I'm sorry hon. Been there and I know how embarrassing it can be.

    Here's hoping you feel better quickly.

    ReplyDelete