Sunday, December 30, 2012

Well, it's been exactly a year since I wrote this post.  It had a list of things I wanted to achieve in 2012, so I thought I would start a new post by reviewing my "resolutions".

1) Get Pregnant, stay pregnant and have a baby after 9 months of said pregnancy. This one didn't happen.  I'm not commenting further on it.
2) Go back to school Doing!
3) Learn how to dye wool Done!
4) Learn how to double knit Done!  Both 3 & 4 are courtesy of a friend I made, who incidentally runs Yummy Yarn Studio and co-owns Devonshire Knots along with another friend of mine :)
5) Figure out how to finish (seam and block) my projects better I'm sorta still working on this one
6) Make a sweater (bonus points for making it fit!) I'm finishing up sleeves on my first sweater.  It's too soon to tell if it will be ready by tomorrow, but it does fit!
7) Learn different techniques for spinning I did this too!  I ordered a book and DVD and Lo!  I am WAY better, but have a lot of room for improvement.
8) Write at least one blog post every week Yeah, this one did NOT happen...Not even CLOSE.
9) Improve my picture taking skills This one didn't happen either...


All in all, I consider 2012 to be a good year for achieving many of my goals!  I went back to school to get a better GPA to be considered for acceptance into the program.  I got a 4.0 GPA, and am waiting to hear back about being offered an interview.  My next semester starts on January 7th.  

I haven't yet thought about goals for 2013, but when I do, I'll post em :)

All the best to you and yours in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment