Friday, May 27, 2011

The reason for the visit.

The whole reason  I was in San Francisco in the first place was so I could help my sister in law through her birth.  Well, her son had a different idea, and showed up the day before I was supposed to arrive.  He is born on the same day as my husband (who is SIL's brother) so it could be worse.  I have to say, he was trying to be a Cinco de Mayo baby to honour his Latino side, but it wasn't meant to be.

After some 32 hours of labour, my newest nephew was born via Cesarean.  Mom is recovering really well, and baby is seeming to adjust well to the rigours of life on the outside.

Here are a few photos I have permission to post taken by his parents.  These photos are copyrighted by Erin Caton and Dustin Diaz of Flashbullet.  On a side note, check out their website


Agent Caton Callister Diaz
Being a dad is hard work
Proud mom

 He was awesome to be around (even when he was grumpy and gassy), and has a wide range of facial expressions, although I suspect many of those are currently due to gassiness.  I was allowed to hold him several times, ramping up my baby fever about 150%.  Hopefully extended baby time has translated into increased fertility :)

Because Agent's dad works at Twitter, we went on a show and tell mission into the wilds of downtown San Francisco.  Alright, it wasn't so wild (especially for someone who grew up in Montreal), but it was fun.  Surprisingly, the Twitter building is very non-descript.  If you didn't know it was there, well, you wouldn't know it was there (just call me Captain Obvious).

To prove that I was there, I have a picture.  Camera batteries were dying, so it's not the most awesome...but I was there!

This is me at Twitter, with my free Twitter coconut water
I still don't have pictures of my San Francisco yarn, but I will soon, once it stops raining and I can take pictures outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment